Destiny 2: Forsaken Game Review

Riley O'Connell, Staff Writer

Destiny 2 came out with it’s last DLC (Extra levels which the gamer can purchase) called Forsaken. These final mission revolve around the death of your robot friend, Cayde-6. Wanting Vengeance you go after his killer (Uldren Sov)with you other superhuman allies, the Guardians. The search is begins on a planet called the Reef, where you discover an alien named Spider, who supports you in fighting the murderer and their army. The game mechanics in this game are made very well, and every action you do is supported by the realistic graphics. Another great addition with this DLC is the new game mode, Gambit. It is based around fighting monsters and racking up points for your teams. But beware, there is another team in the surrounding area, whose objective is to defeat you. Fighting other players and aliens is an enjoyable way to spend time in the new and updated game.

Although this is all great, there are some moments during the game where their are some story issues. The biggest example would be how your character is hunting down Uldren Sov’s minions. It is not necessary to hunting Uldren, but it is just kind of tossed in as an extra mission to the game. No matter how fun that was, I could not stop thinking of why I was not just going after the murderer, rather than his small gang of mercenaries it just makes the game feel really dragged out, and misses some of the key components which is necessary in a great story.

One of the best features is the fact that your fully customized character can now speak. This little change makes the whole game feel way different, as you can now relate to your character, instead of just hearing complete silence from them.

Sophomore Matthew Wilkinson, another player of Destiny 2, says “Forsaken was the most heartfelt and emotional dlc that I have ever played. It really brought a lot of life back to the game.”

Destiny 2: Forsaken takes what was wrong with the game, and fixes it. Not only does it do that, but it also adds new game modes as well. Even though the expansion is 35 dollars, the money is well spent due to the enjoyment that the DLC gives you.

The Greyhound Growl gives Destiny 2: Forsaken 3 out of 4 paws.