Greyhound Growl

Welcome home, Geoffrey

Kat Negron, staff writer

“I don’t wanna grow up, I’m a Toys R Us kid!” Kids growing  up all over the world heard this song and remember when the store filed for bankruptcy back on March 15th and closed its doors. As Halloween approaches Toys R Us could be coming back from  the dead. A group of investors stated in bankruptcy court on Tuesday, October 2nd that they will be canceling an auction for Toys R Us.

This means everyone’s favorite kids store is coming back.

“I am so excited that Toys R Us is most likely coming back because I used to shop there all the time as a young child.” remarked sophomore Mara Dirienzo.

Toys R Us is due to come back bigger and better than ever. The company plans to work with other stores to bring back iconic toys and develop new ideas with innovative technology. Maybe all this is happening because lovable mascot Geoffrey has grown up allowing his brain to develop!  

Thanks to Toys R Us being on the horizon of reopening thousands of Americans who lost jobs during the closing of the stores may find new employment to support  their families.

Not only is Toys R Us coming back from bankruptcy so is Babies R Us which is  great news for families all over the world. New and expecting mothers and fathers can prepare for all the stages of parenthood 

“I think this great for moms all over the world because I know if Toys R Us and Babies R Us are still open when I become a mom I will definitely take my children there.” commented sophomore Sofia Coppola.

As Toys R Us continues its rise from the dead. Stay tuned for more upcoming news.

About the Writer
Kat Negron, staff writer

Hi my name is Kat Negron and I am a junior here at Lyman. This is my first year on the newspaper staff and I am excited for the challenges the class will present me with.  I hope this year I can pursue my love for writing and photography. When I’m not writing or taking pictures, I am playing volleyball. I am a part of the varsity volleyball team here at Lyman and I aspire to take my volleyball career to the next level. I look forward to adding my own unique style to the newspaper this year!

1 Comment

One Response to “Welcome home, Geoffrey”

1. Elexus Rundberg on October 23rd, 2018 8:12 am

This article could’ve used a little more detail and although you couldn’t personally talk to any old employees or old staff that worked at Toys’R’Us, I think that would’ve been a great addition to this article. Overall, this article was a great story line.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Welcome home, Geoffrey

Front Page

The Unlikely Bromance of Trump & Kanye

• Welcome home, Geoffrey

National

A Historic Decision

• Welcome home, Geoffrey

National

Who’s Side Are You On? —The Upcoming Election for Florida’s Governor

• Welcome home, Geoffrey

Front Page

The Greatest Show Has Come to an End

• Welcome home, Geoffrey

Front Page

The Unlikely Bromance of Trump & Kanye

• Welcome home, Geoffrey

Entertainment

Venom movie review

• Welcome home, Geoffrey

Poll Display

What is your Favorite Thanksgiving Food?

• Welcome home, Geoffrey

Local

What’s Coming Up This Month?-November

• Welcome home, Geoffrey

Look at Lyman

Moving Beyond the Middle

• Welcome home, Geoffrey

Academics

Don’t be Scared of the Miter Saw

The Student News Site of Lyman High School
Welcome home, Geoffrey