Greyhound Growl

Filed under Entertainment

Diverse and Inclusive New Emojis!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Diverse and Inclusive New Emojis!

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

New emojis for 2019 have been released! Apple has come out with some that are more diverse and inclusive towards all people, and have also included some other much wanted emojis by iPhone users. There are a variety of new additions that are very useful.

Many disabilities have been recognized in these new emojis including: various wheelchairs, cochlear implants, prosthetic limbs, people signing, and white canes. There are also many new couple emojis including same-sex and interracial couples. Some more everyday emojis being added are additional animals, foods, and clothing items. There are many other emojis being introduced that show different leisure activities. Overall, this update plans to bring some great emojis and will not leave iPhone users disappointed.

About the Writer
Ella Snyder, staff writer

Hi, my name is Ella Snyder and I am a freshman here at Lyman and this is my first time on newspaper staff. Outside of school, I practice gymnastics, I...

10 Comments

10 Responses to “Diverse and Inclusive New Emojis!”

1. Julianne on February 28th, 2019 1:26 pm

I really like the idea of them coming up with more realistic emojis.

2. Skye Tiedemann on February 28th, 2019 1:35 pm

This article is great! It’s always a gift when apple releases new emojis but I disagree with the statement that these will be useful for it’s a rare occasion that these will actually be used.

3. Enok Arocho on February 28th, 2019 1:37 pm

I am glad that Apple has added more diverse emojis, though their uses might be very limited, the fact is that I believe that people wont really use these emojis much even if they are a part of that group. (Just my opinion though)

4. Elexus Rundberg on March 1st, 2019 7:49 am

Apple is making some really great improvements. The new emojis being made are more diverse and really fantastic that they’re helping/including individuals with disabilities. Which is a big step forward.

5. Christine Bui on March 1st, 2019 7:50 am

Whenever there is an update and it says Apple will be installing new emojis, I get so elated! I like how diverse and aware they are becoming when adding multiple skin colors, relationships, disabilities, etc. There are some emojis that are considered useless; however, I think they’re still pretty cute and exceptional nonetheless.

6. Justin on March 1st, 2019 8:02 am

I like the new emoji’s. Personally i don’t use them a lot but it’s nice to have a variety to choose from.

7. kierra peterson on March 1st, 2019 12:51 pm

im happy that they are coming out with more emojis for us to use and emohis express how we feel about stuff

8. Kate Schieffelin on March 1st, 2019 12:53 pm

I love that Apple keeps adding emojis, even if they won’t get used a lot. Nice job! 🙂

9. Alyssa H on March 1st, 2019 1:04 pm

Im glad they are adding more inclusive emojis, but I feel like some are odd looking, like the blood and otter.

10. anne-elise clark on March 1st, 2019 1:15 pm

this is great and all, but theres still no blueberry so its not worth it.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Navigate Left
  • Diverse and Inclusive New Emojis!

Entertainment

Beats to Add to your Summer Playlist

• Diverse and Inclusive New Emojis!

Entertainment

Summer Screenings

• Diverse and Inclusive New Emojis!

Entertainment

The Apex of Battle Royals?

• Diverse and Inclusive New Emojis!

Entertainment

Gates to Astroworld Locked

• Diverse and Inclusive New Emojis!

Entertainment

Behind The Curtains

• Diverse and Inclusive New Emojis!

Entertainment

• Diverse and Inclusive New Emojis!

Athletics

Not so Sweet Victory

• Diverse and Inclusive New Emojis!

Entertainment

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Review

• Diverse and Inclusive New Emojis!

Entertainment

Aquaman movie review

• Diverse and Inclusive New Emojis!

Entertainment

Trapped in the Bird Box

Navigate Right
The Student News Site of Lyman High School
Diverse and Inclusive New Emojis!