Super Bowl Sunday: Rumble at Raymond

Super Bowl Sunday: Rumble at Raymond

The opinions/views expressed in the following are held by the individual authors and do not reflect the opinions/views of the Greyhound Growl Student Newspaper or Lyman High School as a whole.

This year Super Bowl LV is between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Kansas City Chiefs. The matchup features one of, if not the best players of all time, Tom Brady versus young star Patrick Mahomes. The matchup will take place at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, home of the Buccaneers, this Sunday. This is the first time in NFL history where one of the teams will be hosting the Super Bowl on their home field. The Bucs come in as a three-point underdog against the defending champs meaning experts believe the Chiefs will win by at least three.

Due to the experience that Tom Brady possesses, considering this is his tenth Super Bowl appearance, we think the Bucs are definitely not the underdogs. He will lead the Buccaneers to their second Super Bowl title. The Bucs have the greatest quarterback and winner of all time. If the Bucs win, that will give Tom Brady his seventh Super Bowl Ring, setting a franchise record.

On the other side, the stats are not in the Bucs’ favor. Patrick Mahomes is the captain of the best offense in the NFL and the team with the best overall record.

Each team’s defense is closer to the middle of the road. It’s really going to come down to two of the most experienced head coaches in all of football. Andy “Hamburger” Reid of the Chiefs and Bruce Arians of the Buccaneers will have to coach the game of their lives to not only outcoach each other but hold an explosive offense at bay.

We’ll have to wait until Sunday to see who will win this matchup. Our money’s on the Bucs.