Greyhound Growl

Hell Fest movie review

Fun going in, Hell getting out

Back to Article
Back to Article

Hell Fest movie review

Luiza Diaz

Director Gregory Plotkin is carving out quite the place for himself in the horror genre. He’s probably best known for his extensive work on the Paranormal Activity franchise – having edited almost all of the movies and directing Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension – but you also might have caught his name in the credits of smash hit movies like Get Out and Happy Death Day as well because he edited those, too. Now Plotkin could continue to make his mark on the genre with his second feature directing effort, Hell Fest.

Hell Fest is about a masked serial killer who turns a horror themed amusement park into his own personal playground, terrorizing a group of friends while the rest of the patrons believe that it is all part of the show. College student Natalie (Amy Forsyth) is visiting her childhood best friend Brooke (Reign Edwards) and her roommate Taylor (Bex Taylor-Klaus). If it was any other time of year these three and their boyfriends might be heading to a concert or bar, but it is Halloween which means that like everyone else they will be bound for HELL FEST – a sprawling labyrinth of rides, games, and mazes that travels the country and happens to be in town. Not only are they going to the haunted park Hell Fest, but they’re meeting up with friends, including Gavin ( Robby Attal) who got everyone V.I.P. passes which means no in-line waiting. Along with the various people coming in, they see that Hell Fest of full of scare actors, several mazes to explore and even an entire section of the park called “the Deadlands” where the actors are allowed to touch and go further with their scares.

Every year thousands follow Hell Fest to experience fear at the ghoulish carnival of nightmares. But for one visitor, Hell Fest is not the attraction – it is a hunting ground. An opportunity to slay in plain view of a gawking audience, too caught up in the terrifyingly fun atmosphere to recognize the horrific reality playing out before their eyes. As the body count and frenzied excitement of the crowds continues to rise, he turns his masked face to Natalie, Brooke, Taylor and their boyfriends who will fight to survive the night.

The Greyhound Growl gives Hell Fest 3 out of 4 paws.

About the Writer
Luiza Diaz, Staff Writer

Hi! My name is Luiza Diaz and I am a senior here at Lyman. This is my first year working on the newspaper staff. I am a member of the swimming, lacrosse,...

1 Comment

One Response to “Hell Fest movie review”

1. Jalene on October 23rd, 2018 8:40 am

I love horror movies and I think the article gives a good review on the movie and even gives extra details on the plot for those that didn’t know what the movie were about. The movie sounds super interesting!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Hell Fest movie review

Entertainment

Video Games for the Holidays

• Hell Fest movie review

Entertainment

The Grinch movie review

• Hell Fest movie review

Entertainment

Spider-Man(PS4): The Heist (DLC) Game Review

• Hell Fest movie review

Entertainment

Venom movie review

• Hell Fest movie review

Entertainment

2018-2019 Horoscopes

• Hell Fest movie review

Entertainment

What’s Hot In Today’s Music

• Hell Fest movie review

Entertainment

A Simple Favor movie review

• Hell Fest movie review

Entertainment

Marvel’s Spider-Man for the PS4: A grand web-swinging time?

• Hell Fest movie review

Entertainment

Destiny 2: Forsaken Game Review

• Hell Fest movie review

Entertainment

Video Games for the Holidays

The Student News Site of Lyman High School
Hell Fest movie review