Greyhound Growl

Filed under Entertainment

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

I initially heard of this movie after watching the movie “Venom” and an after credit scene featured a scene from this movie. When I realized the protagonist of this movie is a kid named Miles Morales I had to see the movie. Miles Morales is the Spider-Man in another dimension where Peter Parker died and this movie is about him meeting Spider-Men (and women) from other dimensions and trying to stop Kingpin from colliding the dimensions.

After watching multiple trailers for this movie I realized the best viewing option would be Real D 3D due to the crazy colors and 3D effects, and I was right. This was perhaps my favorite movie experience in a long time and definitely one that I’m going to remember for years to come. I believed the movie was amazing for so many reasons.

I was a little skeptical when I realized I was watching a Sony animated movie due to the fact that Sony made the disgusting piece of garbage known as the Emoji Movie. I went into this movie hoping Sony wouldn’t ruin a comic book character that I’ve liked for a long time. Sony ended up exceeding my expectations and made an exceptional movie with characters that you get to learn and care about. Despite it being an animated film, it has very emotional scenes better than that of some of its live action counterparts.

The plot of the movie was very well written and the story kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the movie. One aspect of the plot that I enjoyed was how the movie showed the origin of Kingpin’s motives. It helps you sympathize with the main villain making the final battle more interesting. I also really liked how even though it is a Spider-Man movie, you get to see the person behind the mask, why everyone does what they do, and what it really means to be Spider-Man. 

This movie has several character arcs for each individual character and the writers did a really good job in making viewers care about their characters. Miles Morales had an amazing origin story that didn’t feel rushed at all and very similar to his origin in the comics. I really liked the way there was mentor relationship between him and almost every other Spider-Man he encounters, especially Peter B. Parker. The voice actors did a tremendous job in portraying their characters and giving each character their own special identity. I loved Nicholas’s performance in voicing Spider-Man Noir. Although, my favorite thing about the film is the comedy provided by Spider-Ham throughout multiple parts and fight scenes. This movie features an after credit scene and a tribute to the late Stan Lee who originally created Spider-Man. The after credit scene leaves you waiting for more and in anticipation for a sequel.

This movie was overall a fun, action-packed, adventure that kept me on the edge of my seats the entire time. The Greyhound Growl rates this movie 4 out of 4 PAWS!